Overview: Blueshift was founded by marketing and data science leaders from WalmartLabs and Groupon, where they noticed that while marketers want to communicate with their customers on a 1:1 basis, it’s becoming increasingly harder in the era of the perpetually connected customer.
Traditionally, marketers have attempted to solve this problem by building what we call as a “database of nouns” – e.g. a database of customers or products with their attributes. This approach was clearly not working, especially in a world where customers were interacting with brands and digital properties faster than ever before.
The thought process behind starting Blueshift was to ask what would happen if we built a new marketing technology stack on a “database of verbs”, capturing customer interactions on web & mobile in real-time & making it dead easy for marketers to use in cross-channel personalization. That was the genesis of our Programmatic CRM solution.
1. Tell us about your company’s background, history and mission.
Blueshift was founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs with backgrounds at successful companies such as Kosmix (now @WalmartLabs) and Mertado (now Groupon Goods). The company is funded by prominent venture capital and angel investors, including Storm Venture Partners, Luma Capital Partners and Nexus Venture Partners.
2. Describe your global presence.
Blueshift is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with operations in India, and London.
3. List your primary points of differentiation from competitors.
Key differentiators of this solution are:
- Behavioral Segmentation at scale: Segments that update dynamically based on a real-time stream of customer interactions
- Predictive Segmentation: Machine learning based scores for user affinities and propensities
- Product & content recommendations: Build multiple recommendation schemes for merchandising products, categories and content
- Full-funnel measurement with attribution: Go beyond opens and clicks, and track custom conversion goals with customizable attribution.
- Visual campaign builder: Build multi-touch campaigns with a simple visual interface
- Cross-channel orchestration: Orchestrate cross-channel campaigns between email, push and in-app notifications, SMS, website, display, Facebook retargeting and more.
- Testing & Optimization: Leverage advanced testing capabilities, including A/B tests, as well as measurement against holdout groups.
- Best-in-class deliverability: Scalable deliverability infrastructure and services.
4. Provide three customer testimonials.
We selected Blueshift as the key partner in our shift towards behavior-based cross-channel marketing. Our small team has been able to deliver over 1 Billion emails and push notifications across 12 countries, highly personalized with behavior-based, localized recommendations. In just 6 months with Blueshift, we've seen engagement rates climb to 40% and YoY direct email revenue has increased by 81%, far exceeding our expectations.
Becky Spurr, Head of Communications | Vouchercloud
With Blueshift's Programmatic CRM, we’ve seen a 200% increase in visits to our jobs section. We’ve had nothing but a positive experience since integrating with Blueshift. Their team has done a terrific job ensuring that the content recommendations fit our specific needs.
Kevin Jan, Email Marketing Manager | The Muse
Blueshift has helped us drive targeted lifecycle marketing and dramatically improve our re-engagement rates. With Blueshift, we are now able to launch personalized campaigns on email and mobile app push notifications, and drive a consistent message across different marketing channels.
Todd Kurie, VP Marketing | Redmart
Updated over 2 years ago