Overview: Blueshift offers a comprehensive real-time segmentation on user behavior. Blueshift indexes the data about your customer to enable complex segments to run really fast. Once built, segments update dynamically with new data coming in. Segments are linked to cross-channel identity and can be used for campaigns on all channels. Predictive segmentation is built in.
1. Does the system offer an ability to target based on website behavior?
Yes, Blueshift can help you track every web behavior and target customers based on that.
Segment Customers by Activity The "Recent Activity" tab in our segmentation engine enables you to build conditions based on user behavior on your website and apps in the past 31 days. Data in this section gets populated from your event stream. The following features are available:
- Apply Boolean conditions: Combine filters like AND/OR/NOT on behaviors
- Timeline filtering: Apply dynamic (e.g. “last 24 hours”) or static (“during October 2015”) timelines to zoom in on the right users
- Filter by event attributes: Use attributes of a behavior, e.g. narrow down page views that came from certain types of devices, channels or searches that contained a certain keyword
- Frequency: Find users who performed the action frequently
Read more details on segmenting by behavior
2. Does the system offer an ability to target based on mobile app behavior?
Yes, the system helps track and segment based on mobile app behavior. Mobile app data can be streamed into Blueshift using Blueshift's SDK, APIs or integrations with services like Segment.com
3. Does the system offer an ability to target based on previous engagement with emails and notifications (e.g. opens/clicks, users who consistently do not open etc.)?
Blueshift provides a comprehensive solution for segmenting users by their response to messaging for up to 180 days:
- Select the engagement metric: Open, click, purchase, bounce etc.
- Select all campaigns or a specific campaign by channel
- Select a static or a dynamic timeline
4. Does the system offer an ability to target based on user attributes?
Yes, Blueshift enables you to store an unlimited number of attributes and use them in segmentation. In addition to this, Blueshift also computes some important user attributes like the first & last traffic source, location, unsubscribed_date, etc.
5. Does the system offer predictive segmentation?
With Blueshift, you can not only segment by a user’s past behavior, but also by various predictive scores (offered as a premium feature). Blueshift’s predictive scores can help you find users with a high or low likelihood of completing various actions in the conversion funnel and the user lifecycle.
6. Can segments be created using a visual interface?
Yes, as you can see in the above examples, segments are created visually. Read more in our documentation on Segmentation
7. Does segment creation require knowledge of SQL or any query knowledge?
With Blueshift, non-technical marketers can create advanced segments visually through a user interface without any knowledge of SQL or other query language.
8. Do segments refresh automatically with new data coming in? How often do segments refresh?
Segments are automatically refreshed with new data and segment membership is evaluated every 5 minutes.
Updated over 3 years ago